Abu Mus’ab Suri, in his book Global Islamic Resistance Call (p.1405), mentions the five principles of building traditional resistance organizations:
1. The Methodology: The Idea and the Dynamic Ideology which all members of the organization believe in and agree on.
2. The Leadership: Includes the Emir, the council, and the
administration – and the way of making decisions.
3. Planning: Program of strategic work to achieve the objectives.
4. Financing: These are the financial means which is enough to execute the plans.
5. The Pledge (Al Baya’a): The system of relationship between the Emir and the followers (i.e. members of the organization).